Enjoy the good weather and discover Montjüic!
Take a walk around Montjüic! For the locals, it is more than just a pleasure. Particularly for those who love running, visiting interesting exhibitions and dancing or singing with the rhythm of the best international artists. Internationally known thanks to the Olympics in 1992, Montjüic never ceases to amaze, that’s why we’ve dedicated this interesting article to it at Hostemplo.
Montjüic Mountain can be visited due to various reasons. One of them is the superb view over the city, the sea and the port of Barcelona. At Montjüic we find some of the most notable viewpoints of the city.
- Montjüic Castle
- Migdia (noon) Viewpoint (on the picture).
Either if it is the first time you are visiting the city or if you are a local, there are such iconic places that you´ll find it hard not to (re-) visit them. These are, with no doubts:
- Magic Fountain of Montjüic: located between Plaza de España and the amazing building of the National Art museum of Catalonia, the Magic Fountain of Montjüic is the setting for a water and light show that, after more than 80 years running, still amazes its visitors.
- Montjüic Castle: located on the top of the mountain we find an old military fort with a long history linked to the city. Currently, it works as viewpoint from which we can have a great sight of the city. It can be accessed both walking or by cable railway.
- Pueblo Español: Created for the International Exhibition of 1929, it represents with great detail the most beautiful spots of some of the villages around Spain’s geography.
- Olympic Ring of Montjüic: Built for the Olympic games in 1992, the Olympic Stadium Lluís Companys, the Palau Sant Jordi, the Bernat Picornell swimming pools and the peculiar Telecommunications Calatrava Tower are part of the noteworthy Olympic Ring of the city.
- National Art Museum of Cataloina: located within an amazing building, the museum holds all types of art and embraces a broad historical period. Really worth visiting.
- Joan Miró Foundation: this reference space for Miró’s work aims to promote the knowledge and spreading of contemporary art.
- Botanical Garden: with over 2.000 plant species, the garden, located in an old public garbage dump, looks currently stunning.
- Mies Van der Roe: the German Pavillion of Barcelona was designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Lilly Reich as Germany’s pavilion for the International Exhibition in 1929 in Barcelona. It’s still stands and can be visited, a must-visit!
EVENTS AT MONTJUÏC
We would like to highlight some events we consider might be of your interest. Take the opportunity! Many of them take place towards good weather season, so take good note.
- Open air cinema at Montjüic: every summer, a selection of the best films of all times awaits with concerts, picnic and short films. Apporximately: from 30th June to beginning of August, (picture).
- Events at Montjüic Castle: exhibitions, family activities, concerts and much more will be waiting for us at this fantastic venue.
- Barcelona Fair: one of the most relevant trade show institutions in Europe according to its activity, halls, expertise and leadership. And it has its headquarters at Montjüic!
Did you know Montjüic this well? You better wear comfortable shoes and take a good rest. So may we remind you that, if you are looking for accommodation in Barcelona, we re your best choice! Plus, if you book through our web, you will get FREE breakfast during your whole stay. So what are you waiting for?
- Take a walk around Montjüic! For the locals, it...
- You were so looking forward to it! We will all ...
- Passion for gastronomy is something that has al...
- Happy to help! Today we will tell you what calç...
- February is a short month, plenty of activities...